Golden Farmers’ Market
Locally grown, baked and made
Golden Farmers’ Market Policies and Guidelines
The Golden Farmers’ Market is a member of the British Columbia Association of Farmers’ Markets. We follow the BCAFM mandate of ‘MAKE, BAKE OR GROW’ our products, therefore we are unable to accept distributorship, manufactured or promotional booths.
- All vendors must be personally and actively involved in the production of their products available for sale at the market.
- The items sold need to be made by, grown by, or otherwise and brought to market by the people selling them.
- Golden Farmers’ Market managers have final approval of product eligibility.
- All vendors are required to have a business license from the Town of Golden.
- The market booth space is 10' x 10'. In compliance with the wheel chair accessibility status that the GFM has, booths must be set back from sidewalk 1 metre.
- Vendors who wish to erect canopies on site are required to have their canopies sufficiently and safely anchored from the time their canopy is put up to the time it is taken down.
- No early departures — late arrival and early departures only hurt the Market.
- Produce Vendors — The Golden Farmers’ Market Board recognizes that Growers may not have sufficient supplies of produce at all times during the market season.
- Therefore, growers may augment their supply of produce for sale with products B.C. grown or produced as long as these products do not constitute more than 30% of the total products for sale by the vendor over the course of the vendor’s participation at the market.
- Growers must provide details concerning the source of such products to the Market Manager for approval before such products can be sold at the Market.
- Food Vendors — Each food vendor is required to obtain approval from Interior Health. Copies of the Health Regulations for Farm Market Vendors and food permit applications are available from the Golden Health Unit or click here: Guideline for Sale of Foods at Temporary Food Markets (pdf)
- Food vendors are required to provide the Market manager a list of foods to be sold with a list of ingredients as required by Interior Health Guidelines at Temporary Food Markets.
- Artisan Vendors — In general the artisans’ items sold need to be made by and brought to the Market by the people selling them.
Inquiries or comments? Contact us
Golden Farmers’ Market Managers:
Hosting, codes Serge Web Service © 2015